What is microblading?
Microblading is a form of cosmetic tattooing. It does not go as deep as a ‘normal’ tattoo, and uses pigments that break down naturally in your skin over time rather than tattoo ink, and because of this, is semi-permanent with annual top ups being needed and recommended to keep the results crisp and vibrant. The longer you leave your brows, the more they will fade.
How is microblading done?
The form of microblading we do is with a handheld pen-like device which holds tiny sterile disposable needles. These needles are used to scratch the surface of the skin to create fine lines in which pigment is deposited. This creates natural looking hair strokes to give the appearance of thicker, fuller eyebrows bespoke to your own face. Look at our portfolio for examples of Becky’s work and style.
The benefits of microblading…
· The correct shape of eyebrows will frame your face and emphasise your best features.
· Anti-aging… an instant face lift that opens the eyes creating a more youthful appearance.
· No smudged brows at the gym, on the beach, in the pool or on holiday.
· Save money by not needing monthly HD brows / waxing anymore.
· Easy maintenance when you have your perfect shape to follow all of the time!
· Save time and effort on your daily make up routine and reduce the cost of eyebrow products.
How semi-permanent is it?
Semi-permanent means it will fade over time, and that if you want to keep your brows looking vibrant, annual top up appointments will be needed to maintain this look. Semi-permanent does
not mean it will 100% fade away. Everyone’s bodies will process the pigment differently, as well as your lifestyle choices affecting the lifespan of the microbladed brows. This is still a tattoo, so before anyone tells you any differently, please bare in mind that whether or not you refresh your eyebrows annually, you may still be left with a shadow or very faded light brow if you don’t wish to continue with annual top ups.
About the treatment
The treatment is a two-step process which involves an initial appointment and a 4 – 6 week touch up appointment (included in the price). The treatment is not complete until you have attended your touch up appointment and this must be within 4-6 weeks of your initial treatment. Some clients, especially those who; use sunbeds, sunbathe, don’t use sun protection, have sun damaged skin, have oily skin, have thick skin, smoke, sweat a lot (from exercise, saunas etc), have a fast metabolism, have an iron deficiency, take regular medications, use chemical peels or harsh exfoliants, or those with less natural hair, may need more than 1 touch up session to achieve their desired results. They may also need more regular top ups to keep their brows vibrant.
Annual top ups can be anywhere between (on average) 9 and 18 months. Oily skin will expel the pigment faster than combination or dry skin. Oily skin types will retain shading better than just hairstrokes, however more frequent top ups will be needed. People with less eyebrow hair, or those who have opted for darker pigment colours, will notice their brows fading more than those that have some hair or those who have chosen lighter pigment colours. Your skin is a living, breathing organ and you will react differently to everyone else.
Treatment step by step:
· For your first appointment, please allow approx. 3 hours – we don’t want to rush!
· When you arrive there will be a comprehensive consultation form to complete before we can begin the session.
· We will then take a few pictures to keep as reference (these will only be used for promotion with your permission).
· Our artist will design your brows by using your natural facial features. We will measure and draw on (with a pencil) eyebrows to suit your face shape.
· After discussing your pigment colour, the microblading can begin! We will explain the treatment to you as we go along so you feel comfortable.
· When we have finished your appointment we will take a few ‘after’ pictures (these will only be used for promotion with your permission), you’ll receive an aftercare kit and aftercare instructions.
· We’ll also book your included top up appointment for 4-6 weeks after initial treatment
Advice and Tips for your Appointment:
· Ensure you have read all of the aftercare instructions and be certain you can follow them before booking an appointment.
· Wear comfortable clothing to your appointment – your appointment will last around 2.5 hours.
· If you’re feeling particularly nervous, bring music with you that you find relaxing.
· Ask as many questions as you want – no question is a silly question!
About your technician:
We understand that microblading can be a scary thought for some people as this is something that is going to be on your face for a long time, so we don’t take lightly how important it is to get your eyebrows right! At Beautopia North, we take hygiene very seriously and want you to know that the highest standards of hygiene and sharps disposal are met; I use sterile disposable needles, containers and other disposable items for each customer to ensure cross-contamination is completely eliminated. Our Artist is very experienced and you’re welcome to ask us anything you need to feel comfortable about the whole experience – we’re here to help